How can Pitkin County become more "Age-Friendly," a place that supports people of all ages?
To help us embrace aging in our community as an opportunity instead of a burden, we are creating initiatives that enhance “The 8 Domains of Livability”:
- Domain 1: Age-friendly outdoor spaces and buildings
- Domain 2: Age-friendly transportation solutions
- Domain 3: Housing that offers supportive living options
- Domain 4: Wellness and enrichment opportunities
- Domain 5: Diversity and inclusion
- Domain 6: Civic engagement and employment
- Domain 7: Easy-to access communication and information
- Domain 8: Adequate health and community services as we age
Before you answer a few questions in our short survey below, you may wish to take a look at the 2014 Aging Well Plan, and the draft update by clicking on the links below:
Your responses to the questions in the following survey will help us update the new plan.